Tragedy struck at Urude Quarters of Ozoro Community, Headquarters of Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State Sunday night as a 40-year-old girl, simply identified as Grace got burnt to death, Daily Post reports.
It was gathered that the body of the lady went into flames when she tried to refill her lantern with kerosene. Unknown to her, the product was adulterated.
The lady called for help but before her neighbours arrived the scene the fire had overpowered her.
She was later rushed to Victory Clinic by her neighbours where after she was referred to the Delta State University Teaching Hospital, Oghara as her condition worsened.
The victim gave up the ghost early hours of Monday at the Delta State University Teaching Hospital this week.
As at the time of filing this report, the family of the deceased was said to be carrying the deceased corpse for burial in her family compound