Barca agree terms with Bellerin
Barcelona have struck a deal with Arsenal star Hector Bellerin, according to multiple reports in the Catalan press.
The Blaugrana allowed Dani Alves to leave in 2016 and were made to regret the decision after the Brazilian’s incredible form for Juventus on the way to the Champions League final.
A graduate from La Masia, Bellerin has long been linked with a return to the Camp Nou and is now seen as a priority signing for new manager Ernesto Valverde, who arrived from Athletic Club to replace Luis Enrique at the end of the campaign.
The 22-year-old will speak to Arsene Wenger next week about a potential return to Spain six years after arriving at the Emirates as a youth prospect.
Lukaku is keen to return to Chelsea in £100m deal
While Chelsea would welcome his reliable scoring returns, there are plenty of Blues fans who question whether he is the all-round forward they need and expect.
Lukaku’s speed, acceleration, physicality, finishing and aerial presence aren’t in doubt, but doubts have been raised about his hold-up and link-up play and the effort he is willing to put in for the team.
Costa, for example, has world class control and link-up skills that keep the forward line moving and bring others into the attack. Lukaku needs to work on his.
Man United knocked back by Madrid for Morata
Manchester United have been rebuffed in their efforts to sign Alvaro Morata with Real Madrid demanding a huge fee for the Spanish striker, according to Sky Sports.
The Red Devils tabled a £52.4m offer, but the two-time reigning Champions League holders have shocked United by asking for £78m.
The package is not thought to include David De Gea, who was the subject of a rejected £60m offer earlier this summer.
If Jose Mourinho fails to be reunited with the former Juventus star, having given him his debut at the Bernabeu, the contingency plan could be Andrea Belotti — the Torino striker who has an £87.3m release clause after hitting 26 goals in Serie A.
Balotelli to Dortmund? Not so fast
Talk of Mario Balotelli joining Borussia Dortmund caught fire when Mino Raiola told Bild that his client could move to the Westfalenstadion.
The super agent was quizzed on the Italian’s future whilst visiting BVB’s headquarters and said: “Yes, Balotelli can go play at Borussia Dortmund.”
After a stunning season with Nice, where the 26-year-old helped inspire the team to Champions League qualification with 15 Ligue 1 goals, Balotelli is a free agent once again.
Raiola’s comments should be taken with a pinch of salt though, with the likelihood being that he was joking as the report discussing Raiola’s visit was concerning a young player moving to Dortmund instead of the well-travelled Italian.
Terry set for Cherries move
John Terry will pocket £100,000 per week if he joins Bournemouth after calling time on his career with Premier League champions Chelsea, claims the Sun.
The 36-year-old hinted at wanting to continue his playing career after the final Premier League game of the season against Sunderland and appears set to move to the south coast.
It is believed that Terry met with Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe, who is keen to add the former England captain for his leadership qualities.
Howe impressively steered Bournemouth into the top half of the table last term and will feel the five-time Premier League winner can offer invaluable experience to the group as they build on their remarkable success since rising through the divisions.
Other Transfer news…..
– Barca are ready to accelerate their negotiations for their summer business in general it seems, with Sport reporting that Bayern Munich star Douglas Costa is a target. The Brazilian winger could offer some depth to the front trident and reduce their dependence on the MSN.
– Wojciech Szczesny has joined Juventus from Arsenal, according to Wednesday’s Tuttosport, with a £14m fee being quoted. The Poland international enjoyed a fine year on loan at Roma and is now being touted by the Turin newspaper as Gianluigi Buffon’s heir.
– Inter and AC Milan will battle it out for Real Madrid star James Rodriguez, claims the Independent, with the Colombian snubbed by Zinedine Zidane for Los Blancos’ Champions League final squad. The 25-year-old was reduced to a bit-part role but still managed an impressive 11 goals and 13 assists in all competitions.
Credits: ESPN / Dailymail Sports