Choosing items that both fit her and are comfortable as possible. You just need to keep a few things in mind when selecting lingerie. Try these tips:
- Ask the experts. Most lingerie stores will have experienced staff who will be able to advise you about what will work best with specific body types. They’ll also take into account her preferences, as well as your budget. Take along a full-length photo so they can advise you properly.
- Be willing to spend a little more for quality. Lingerie that’s been carefully crafted is going to cost you more than something you can pick up at your local clothing retailer. It’s better to get a few high-quality key pieces first and slowly help her build up her lingerie collection.
- Go for custom-made items. Items like corsets need to be tailored to an individual’s precise measurements. There are plenty of expert custom designers, you simply need to do some research and make sure your lady’s willing to do her part. Make it part of the surprise – take her to get fitted correctly and enjoy the experience together.
- Think about the details. If you know she hates thin bra straps that dig into her shoulders, try something that uses different ways to hold things up, like built-in support or a strapless piece. Does she find lace scratchy? Look for pieces with softer, more delicate details.
- Have a look on the web. There are a huge variety of great quality lingerie sites that deliver via courier to make things easier if you aren’t close to a store. Just make sure you check out the return policy.
- Know her measurements. This may seem obvious, but a large percentage of women have never been properly measured and don’t really know their measurements. Ask her to go shopping with you and encourage her to be measured by a professional.
- Encourage her to recheck her measurements every year. As we get older, our measurements can change in the smallest of ways. If she’s had a baby, lost weight recently or been working out, her body will have changed. Knowing her measurements can make a world of difference when it comes to a perfect fit.
- Be honest. Lingerie is a very personal thing, both for you and her. Tell her what you like and find out what she likes. Great relationships are all about communicating so if you’re upfront from the start, you’re less likely to insult her by buying something that’s too small or which she hates wearing.
Now that you’re an expert when it comes to buying her lingerie, consider these three quality pieces from Désir:
Anais Donna 3-piece
The Donna 3-piece is an elegant lingerie set with vintage styling. The soft-cupped lacy bra with adjustable shoulder straps suits most bust sizes. The embroidered corset helps to effortlessly achieve that hourglass effect and has garter straps so she can add sexy stockings (stockings not included). A matching floral lace tanga panty completes the ensemble.
Anais Candy Girl BabyDoll Set
Anais Candy Girl is an elegant yet alluring babydoll and thong set, made from silky sheer fabric with floral embroidered soft cups for perfect fit. The soft satin bow in the front adds a gentle accent to her cleavage.
Anais Islla Gorgeous Plus Size Robe
Anais’ Gorgeous Islla Robe and G string provide the perfect amount of sensuality, femininity, and lux to the bedroom. With just enough coverage, the robe is made from a combination of polyamide and elastane, leaving it slightly sheer with a comfortable stretch.