Manchester United target, Antoine Griezmann has extended his contract by a year at Atletico Madrid with his new deal expiring in 2022.
The 26-year-old France international had been heavily linked with Manchester United, and said last month there was a “6/10” chance he could move to Old Trafford this summer.
But he agreed to stay at Atletico after the club had a transfer ban upheld.
“The first thing I want to do is apologise to people who misunderstood my statements,” Griezmann said.
“Since I have arrived, I have given everything for my club, my colleagues and my coaching staff.”
Atletico cannot sign anyone until January after failing in an appeal against a ban imposed in July 2016 for breaching Fifa rules over the signing of youth players.
Griezmann, capped 41 times, scored 26 goals in 2016-17 as Atletico finished third in La Liga behind Real Madrid and Barcelona.
He was named the third best player in the world, behind Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, at the Ballon d’Or ceremony in January.
Griezmann, who played in France’s 2-1 defeat by Sweden in World Cup qualifying on Friday, is in the squad to face England in a friendly on Tuesday.