How do You know if You have oily skin?
If your skin always looks shiny or you always feel like your skin and hair is greasy, then your sebaceous glands are probably producing too much oil. You may also find that you suffer from random breakouts every now and then.
Read Also: 4 grooming apps every man needs to have
What causes oily skin?
1. Genetics can certainly play a part.
2. Incorrect use of skin care products.
3. Incorrect choice of skin care products.
4. Using harsh ingredients on the skin, like soapy cleansers or washing your facial skin with body products.
5. Not using protective products.
6. There could be a hormonal influence. Male hormones control our oil glands and stimulate oil production.
7. Gut health also plays a part in healthy, balanced skin.
What’s the best way to treat oiliness?
The first step is a skin analysis to identify what products you should be using. If you’re already using the right products, further investigation needs to be done, as there could be a hormonal issue or a gut issue. In this case, it’s best to see a functional doctor who can run the additional tests to help you treat it at the root.
Read Also: How to avoid razor bumps and ingrown hairs
Are there any products or skin habits that I should avoid?
Be careful of scrubbing, or over-exfoliating the skin on a regular basis. You should also look for milder cleansers that don’t create a lot of soap or have a high alcohol content.
Why should I see a skin care expert?
Think of your skin care therapist as a “personal trainer for your skin”. They’re there to help analyse your needs and create tailor-made solutions that suit you and your lifestyle. They offer you access to someone who can help you if you have any questions, queries or concerns.
Taking care of your skin today can help you prevent further problems in the future.