•Great Decisions For An Evergreen Marriage
Multitudes are always in the valley of decisions, but only a few are taking the right decisions in their marriage and even standing with it.
Your decision determines your destination. Someone even said that decisions determine destinies. Your decision about your marriage and family life will go a long way to turn things around in your home and make your marriage better, stronger and virile.
You will need to consciously take some decisions that will make your home a pleasant place. Discuss your vision for your home with your spouse and jointly decide on what to do with your marriage. Some of these right decisions are:
1. We will base our marriage on the word of God: Let the Bible be the basis of your marriage. Discuss this and stand on it.
2. We will put God first in everything: Decide that God would be the final authority in your marriage.
3. We will put each other first after God: Decide to prioritize each other in your lives; not your jobs, ministry and even your children.
4. We will not think or talk divorce: Never talk or think divorce. Decide that you will not do this.
5. We will forgive each other: Decide to forgive each other no matter what happens.
6. We will respect each other: Agree to respect each other in private and in public. Always honour and regard each other.
7. We will pray for each other: Agree to always pray for and with each other at all times.
8. We will fight fair in this marriage: Agree that you will not abuse, curse, report, walk away, bang your phone, reject meals, deny sex etc. when a misunderstanding arises.
9. We will protect each other: Walk to protect each other and decide to do it. Always be in the same camp.
10. We will play with each other: Decide to be playmates; to play like babies together always.
11. We will tell each other the truth and nothing but the truth: Decide to be honest with each other always.
12. We will work as a team: Agree to walk as a team; defend and protect each other always.
13. We will have everything in common: Decide to have everything in unity. ‘Yours’ or ‘Mine’ should not exist in your vocabulary.
14. We will not keep secrets from each other: Agree to always be open to each other; no secrecy.
15. We will be faithful to each other: Agree that you will never sleep with any other person except each other; and that you will also be faithful financially to each other.
16. We will be totally biased in favour of each other: Yes, agree to be totally and always biased in favour of each other, to always watch the back of each other and to never be in an opposing camp. Never stand against each other no matter what happens.
If you consciously take these decisions, keep to them and keep on reminding each other about them, you will enjoy an evergreen marriage.
PastorBisi Adewale is a family and relationship expert; author of Secret ofIrresistible Wife and more than 90 other books on marriage and family life. Youcan reach him on email@example.com, 08068312004, 08051512823, Instagram:bisiadewale, Twitter: @bisiadewale, www.familybooster.com