As the race for who becomes the next governor of Ogun state draws closer, it also gets tougher as Nigerian youths are beginning to understand the importance of their participation in politics.
Babasola Adebonojo Adegbuyi Ogunwa is a Nigerian Youth Leader who set a political record in Ogun State when he became the youngest to declare for the office of the governor.
His resolve to run for the office of the governor is one of the major political turnings over going on in Nigeria as young people are calling for a government of the youth.
He was born on June 18, 1978, into the family of Ogunwa, Atikori-Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun state.
He had his primary education in1982 at All Saints Primary School, Atikori, Ijebu.igbo but completed the primary education at Ogba Primary School, Ogba-Ijaiye, Ikeja, Lagos in 1989.
He proceeded to Ijebu-Ode Grammar School and completed his WASSC in 1995.
An Accountant by profession. He graduated from Olabisi Onabanjo University, formerly Ogun State University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State. He had his M.sc in International Economics and Finance at Wisconsin International University, Florida, United States. He is a Fellow Chartered Economist and Associate Chartered Accountant.
MASSES/POLITICAL MOVEMENT EXPERIENCE
1. Treasurer Nigerian University Accounting Students Association
2. Member of Mass Mobilization of Student Union
3. Secretary Tourism Community Development during my service year
4. Production Manager Anambra Corper Magazine
5. Assistant Prison Pastor NCCF Anambra
6. Secretary Anglican Corpers’ Fellowship
7. Auditor St. Peter’s Anglican Church, Akute
8. 2 times and currently serving Treasurer JOGSOBA 1995 set
9. Vice President JOGSOBA 1995 set
10. Assigned assistant Pastor of RCCG, Redemption House Parish, Mowe
11. Financial Secretary NUPENG Lagos Chapter
12. Lekki Coordinator of PENGASSAN Lagos Chapter
13. Currently Treasurer PENGASSAN Lagos Chapter
14. Currently coordinator OOU 2000/2001 Accounting students
15. Currently coordinator Peculiar Treasurer
16. Ogun State Coordinator of Advocate of collective transformation
17. Business Empowerment
18. Education Assistance.