Hon. Rasaq Ajala, is a popular grassroot politician in the Mushin area of Lagos. He is the new Chairman of Odi-Olowo/Ojuwoye LCDA. Popularly known as HRA is a proud “MUSHINEW’, born, brought up and started his political sojourn in Mushin Local Government of Lagos State. He is an accounting technician, a trained journalist, and diplomat.
An associate member of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relation, and the Institute of Local Government and Public Administration of Nigeria. He is a politician with an exceptional appetite for developmental initiatives that is geared towards positioning his municipal to an enviable height, so as to compete favourably with other developed municipalities in the world.
Born on 17th August, 1972 to a prominent progressive
political family. His father held various political office that include but not limited to;
- Vice Chairman Odi-Olowo constituency for the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN).
- Chairman of Social Democratic Party (SDP), Idi-Oro (WardA2).
- Pioneer Chairman of Alliance for Democracy, Odi-Olowo/Ojuwoye Local Council Development Area. •Legal Adviser of Alliance for Democracy, Mushin Local Government.
He started his elementary education at St. Martins Primary School, Ojuwoye, Mushin and later went to Oduduwa Primary School for the completion of his primary education. He was admitted to Nigerian Model High School, Idi-Oro, Mushin for his secondary education. He proceeded to the famous Lagos State University where he graduated with a Bachelor of Art degree in History and International studies. His passion for journalism informed his enrolment at the College of Journalism in Lagos where he obtained Ordinary and Advanced Diploma in journalism.
He is a politician of progressive extraction. He started active participation in politics in
the late 80’s when he joined the People’s Solidarity Party, a bastion of western Nigeria Awoist political movement that later became the nucleus of the military imposed and engineered Social Democratic Party (SDP).
He was a financial member of the youth based political platform, CLUB ‘93 and one of the youth coordinator that represented Mushin in Hope ‘93, the campaign organisation for Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola (M.K.O) presidential ambition. He was elected an Honourable Councillor representing WARD A2 under Alliance for Democracy (AD). He later became the Chief Whip of the Legislative House of Mushin Local Government between 1999-to-2003.
In 2003, Lagos State Government created 37 Local Council Development Areas aimed at advancing grassroot development under the ingenious and sagacious leadership of our leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed
Tinubu. In realisation of his vision to bring governance closer to the people of the newly created LCDA, Hon. Ajala was appointed Member of Transition Committee of Odi-Olowo/Ojuwoye Local Council Development Area as Supervisorfor Works and Housing in November 2003.
He was widely accepted and recognised as a bridge builder with distinguised record of service to his community. Hence, his election as the first Executive Vice Chairman of Odi-Olowo/Ojuwoye LCDA in the year 2004. In December, 2015, he was appointed as Executive Secretary of Odi-Olowo/Ojuwoye Local
Council DevelopmentArea. One of the programmes that brought Hon. Ajala into political limelight and wider acceptability among the populace was his commitment to help indigent students in pursuit oftheir educational career.
While serving as Councillor, he awarded about 100 Free GeE forms to indigent students and also repeated
same as the Executive Secretary of Odi- Olowo/Ojuwoye Local Council Development Area when he awarded 250 free GeE forms with tutorial class to support the Educational career of students within Odi-Olowo/Ojuwoye and its environs. Hon. Ajala is happily married to Mrs KehindeAjala with Children.
CONSOLIDATION AND GIANT DEALS
When he was running for office he made some promises to the Great people of Odi-Olowo/Ojuwoye LCDA, I am delighted to formally unveil my aspiration to run for the position of the chairmanship of our beloved LCDA he began.” Fellow constituents, we are in unusual times that demand tested, pragmatic leadership that will ensure that Odi- Olowo/Ojuwoye emerge a great municipal that we will all be proud of.
Without being immodest, I am well groomed to deliver on these transformation plans that will unleash the economic cum social developments in Odi-Olowo/Ojuwoye. I have developed a well detailed blueprint that will usher us into a new era of secured environment, prosperity, youth and women empowerment and greater access to the qualitative public essential services.
As we file out on 22nd July, 2017 to elect officers who will steer the affairs of our municipal for the next four years, I urge you to deploy the power of your thumb to change the course of Odi-Olowo/ Ojuwoye LCDA for good forever. Your sacred mandate which I will secure by God’s grace at this historic election won’t be taken for granted. We will ride on the crest of a well detailed, clear and achievable five-point social pact, which I have tagged “Giant Deals”.
THE GIANT DEALS
It gives me great pleasure to unveil to you yet another great social pact that will advance the cause of our beloved municipal. This, in my humble estimation will leap us from the present modest position into the league of developed communities. This social pact tagged Giant Deals are my covenant with the people of Odi-Olowo/ Ojuwoye LCDA •Infrastructure Development, •Social intervention, Sport, Women and Youth Development •Education and Capacity Building •Health and Environment •Security and Governance
- We will work within the operational legal framework of the Local Government to institutionalize a private driven system that will ensure zero tolerance for potholes on our roads.
- Considering the importance of Ojuwoye environs to the economic growth of our municipal, we will upgrade infrastructure within Ojuwoye and its environs to make it a commercial hub ofthe Local council area.
- We will upgrade Anikulapo Area Office block to a Multi-purpose center.
- We will transform and upgrade major blighted spots to open up our community for economic growth.
- We will complete all uncompleted drainage and refurbish boreholes within the LCDA
EDUCATION AND CAPACITY BUILDING
- We will continue the annual distribution of free GCE and Jamb forms to indigent students to support their education career.
- We will provide necessary logistic for organizing intensive tutorial classes for indigent SSCE and Jamb candidates.
- •We will institutionalize bursary award for deserving undergraduate students.
- We will resuscitate and institutionalize literary and debate competitions in our schools.
- We will provide logistic support for the training and re-training of local government staffs and school teachers in our Local Council Area on modern teaching techniques.
- We will set up Software and Programming Development Center which will unleash abundant opportunities in ICT for the benefit of our youths.
- Back to school programme
SOCIAL INTERVENTION, SPORT, WOMEN AND YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- We will organize talent hunts to discover and nurture raw talents.
- We will institutionalize Odiolowo/Ojuwoye Mini-Olympic Sport Festival
- Widows and Elders support programmes
- We will continue to support school sport activities in all primary and secondary schools in our Local Council area.
- We will establish Entrepreneurship Assistance Programme
- Mobilization of all strata of the society to ensure effective participation of our women in all various state programmes.
- We will organize annual Children Day Cultural Display to promote our culture and tradition
- We will provide periodic financial assistance to the workforce so as to enhance their productivity.
- We will provide cash assistance to women and vulnerable to support small scale businesses.
- We will subsidize the sales of Rams, Turkeys and Chickens
INNOVATIVE WEALTH CREATION MECHANISM
We will run a dynamic, focused and people friendly administration with primacy given to our people in order to stimulate local economy and prosperity for our people. We will achieve this by routing most of the government patronages through qualified residents.
MONTHLY SUBSIDIZED FOOD MARKET
We have plans to establish designated selling points for faithful implementation of subsidized food items that can be bought on a monthly basis.
HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT
- We shall key into Lagos State Government “Cleaner Lagos initiative programme” to give productive engagement to our teeming populace.
- We will upgrade Kajola Primary Health Centre into flagship Healthcare facility to work 24 hours.
- We will also key in and support the Lagos State Government Policy on Health Insurance Scheme for residents.
- We will institutionalize Odiolowo/Ojuwoye Bi-annual Free Health Mission
SECURITY AND GOVERNANCE
- We will ensure conducive working environment for workers by upgrading the existing facilities at the Council Secretariat and Area offices.
- We will ensure regular peace and security meeting with
- We will create an IT driven complaints desk to curb crime
- We will create online platform for residents to participate in governance and ensure good feedback mechanism
- We will institutionalize local government Staff Health Insurance Scheme.
We shall hold quarterly Town Hall Meeting to seek the input of the relevant stakeholders into the governance process.
HIS ACHIEVEMENTS AS A COUNCILLOR
- Provision of Free 100 GCE forms to the indigent student of Ward A2, Mushin
- Provision of Free intensive coaching classes for the student of Ward A2
I facilitated gainful employment for our youth in places such as LASTMA, LASEMA, KAI, NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCHERS, SUBEB, GLAXO- SMITHKLlNE, PZ, BAMUDEEN VENTURES etc.
- Facilitate payment for relief packages for the victims ofthe clash between OPC and Akala Residents by Mushin LGA and Lagos State Government
- Introduction ofTrade Assistance Programme (TAP) for the benefit of women in Ward A2