The House Of Oduduwa has released a press statement to address the alleged misunderstanding among the organisers of the populat QMA. The recently held event was both entertaining and informative. The rumour was build around who has the exclusive authority to stream the event on Youtube.
The House of Oduduwa however, made it known that there is no such thing as conflict in that regard as every party involved are working towards one cause.
The letter stated:
- House of Oduduwa has come to learn of a dispute between QMA under the house of Oduduwa and BAP productions over the right to stream Moremi the Musical on
- The House of Oduduwa completely dissociates itself from all unauthorised statements purportedly issued on behalf of the House of Oduduwa seeking to condemn the streaming of the play or seeking court redress.
- Mrs. Bolanle Austen-Peters (She is a Princess indeed from Awujale Royal Dynasty, Ijebu-Ode) (née Afe Babalola, one of the most respected families in the entire house of Oduduwa) is a
daughter of Oduduwa and as such we cannot be in dispute with her, more so that the House of Oduduwa had a fruitful working relationship with her in creating and producing the very
successful Moremi the Musical.
- Princess Ronke Ademiluyi is a princess from the source and a descendant of Oduduwa who is the ambassador to QMA initiatives.
- We recognise the value that Mrs. Austen-Peters has brought to the cultural space in Nigeria, especially in Yorubaland, and we look forward to constantly working with her in the future to
continue to propagate the advancement of culture, tradition and heritage of the entire Yoruba race.
- The House of Oduduwa also recognises the impact , Princess Ronke Ademiluyi has made in the fashion/culture industry space and also working along with the expertise of Mrs Bolanle
Austin Peters to bring this outstanding theatre to the public space with the great assistance of Chief Mrs. Funsho Amosun -The Moremi of the entire race herself…
- As the cultural custodian of Moremi story/heritage, the House of Oduduwa is happy for as many productions of the story of Moremi Ajasoro, the legendary heroine from Ile-Ife as possible.
- Detractors of any sort, kindly stay off this matter and let us all focus to develop the great heritage of our ancestors.