This is the inspiring story of brilliant lady who combines her love for academics with a great love for looking good. Below is her impressive Story.
Mrs. Tito Obaigbo is a Doctoral student of Economics from the University of Lagos, Nigeria.
She graduated with merits from the University of Manchester, United Kingdom with M.Sc in Development Economics, She is a holder of MBA (Marketing) from the University of Lagos, Nigeria and a Bachelor’s Degree holder in Agricultural Economics from the University of Agriculture Abeokuta, Nigeria. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Portfolio Management (CIPM), a Fellow of the Institute of Company and Commercial Accountants (ICCA). She has over 11 years working experience in banking operations, treasury operations, bank business development, relationship management, oil and gas upstream banking services, credit appraisal, institutional banking, corporate banking, retail banking and microcredit operations.
She rose to the position of a Branch Manager in the banking industry, having worked in several banks in Nigeria and then proceeded into the work of Sustainable Development by establishing a Non-Profit, Non- Governmental Organisation called Charity and Development Initiative (CDI). She is the founder and Executive Director of Charity and Development Initiative, a Non-Profit, Non-Governmental Organisation established to empower women and youths, through social and developmental initiatives. The vision of CDI is to see Africa without Poverty. The mission of CDI is to empower women and youths through social and developmental initiatives and so far, CDI has been able to empower over 100 women and youths. She also founded a Microfinance Non-Governmental Organisation called Pinnacle Empowerment Initiative. Pinnacle Empowerment Initiative was established to eradicate poverty amongst women who are impoverished. The scheme was specifically established to make women self-reliant and self-sufficient. Amongst her many feats is the establishment of a book club for women called the Smart Book Club. Smart Book Club is a dully registered NonProfit Organisation with the Corporate Affairs Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
She founded the book club mainly to encourage women to read, specifically laying emphasis on the need to provide a conducive atmosphere for personal development, networking and socializing. She was also awarded the World Peace Governor by World Peace Diplomatic Organisation, a committee with the United Nations as a result of her humanitarian work in her country Nigeria.
She has garnered skills in presentation over the years. She has organised and participated in several public lectures on sustainable development goals to mention a few as follows:
1. A speaker and participant at the National Summit and 4th International Colloquium themed: “Human Security, Violent Extremism and Radicalisation, Seeking Sustainable Soulutions. The colloquium was organised to celebrate the 79th birthday of the former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, 2016.
2. A speaker at public lecture on the eradication of gender based violence in Nigeria ( a
United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal), organised by Women Arise and the
United Nations Information Centre, Lagos, Nigeria on the 27th of November 2017.
3. A participant of the public lecture on gender equality: leave no one behind organised (a
United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal) by the United Nations Information
Centre, Lagos Nigeria, August 2018.
4. The convener of the 1st public lecture on improving lives through social and developmental initiatives: End poverty (a United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal), Lagos, Nigeria on the 28th of June 2018.
5. The convener of the 2nd public lecture on improving lives through social and developmental initiatives: End poverty (a United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal), Abuja, Nigeria on the 8th of December 2018.
She has written several research papers and reports especially in the area of sustainable development for developing countries and has a well-grounded experience in primary and secondary data collection.
She has a passion for the less privileged especially women and the youths. They are the most vulnerable in the society. Her passion is to see Africa without poverty and see African women strive in their chosen careers and businesses. Her desire is to provide her contribution towards eradication of poverty, eradication of early child mortality, improvement of education for the girl child and improvement of access to health care facilities for women and children in Africa.