WHAT IS DARKNESS?
• Absence of light. No provision of light.
• Darkness cannot comprehend light. – John 1 v 5 – “And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.”
• Light carries life. Darkness carries deadness, fear, torment, anxiety, sorrow, hardship, failure, disorganization.
• It is an unwanted phenomenon.
• A colourful destiny inside darkness cannot be seen, cannot manifest, cannot be celebrated, recognized, applauded, or perceived rightly.
• A Nation in darkness is married to Crisis.
• A Marriage in darkness lacks joy.
• A Business in darkness will be frustrated.
• A Church in darkness is like a Grave yard.
• A family in darkness is always sorrowful
• An unmarried person in darkness will always be confused, rejected and lonely.
• A Womanhood in darkness will suffer Barrenness and reproach.
• A Manhood in darkness will lack achievement.
• Children in darkness are problematic and troublesome.
• To be going through a terrible situation that no ray of hope can be seen, is darkness.
• Darkness in life is any unexpected calamity that befalls people at any stage of life.
• It is the power of light in Jesus that can expose and conquer all operations of the forces of darkness.
BIBLICAL CASES OF HOURS/DAYS OF DARKNESS
DURING THE TIME OF NOAH
Gen. 7 v 12 & 24
v.12 – “And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.”
v.24 – “And the waters prevailed upon the earth and hundred and fifty days.”
• Lock down for 150 days in the ark.
• People and animals were quarantined in the Ark.
• 150 days – Hours of Darkness. No movement, people were perishing.
• Eight people were saved – Noah, Shem, Ham, & Japheth and their wives.
• You and your family shall be saved in Jesus name.
DURING THE TIME
Exod. 10 v 22 & 23
v.22 “And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days”
v.23 “They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings.”
• During the Ninth plague in Egypt,
• People experienced lock down.
• Thick darkness in the Land for three days.
• People could not see one another due to murky darkness.
• People could not leave where they were.
• But the Children of Israel had light. They were exempted from the torment of darkness.
DURING THE TIME OF JOSEPH
Genesis 41 v 53 – 55
v.53 “And the seven years of plenteousness, that was in the land of Egypt, were ended.”
v.54 “And the seven years of dearth began to come, according as Joseph had said: and the dearth was in all lands; but in all the land of Egypt there was bread.”
v.55 “And when all the land of Egypt was famished, the people cried to Pharaoh for bread: and Pharaoh said unto all the Egyptians, Go unto Joseph; what he saith to you, do.”
• The seven years of famine signaled a lockdown of the entire productivity of the land.
• The agricultural business was locked down completely.
• The land did not yield to any increase.
• The famine was grievous upon the people.
• The only way out was the proceeds kept/stored up from the seven years of plenty.
• Joseph became the only solution provider for the Egyptians and nations around them.
DURING THE TIME
Joshua 6 v 1: “Now Jericho was straightly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in.”
• At the wall of Jericho,
• The people of Jericho experienced a complete city lockdown.
• Because of the Israelites’ invasion.
• The men and women of Jericho were confined to their city. No commuting.
• They could not interact or do business with the outside world.
• They were cut-off from the outside world.
DURING THE TIME OF JESUS
1 Corinthian 15 v 3 – 4 v.3 “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures.”
v.4 “And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.”
• Jesus our Saviour on His mission to reconcile humanity to God experienced a lockdown.
• He was crucified on the cross.
• Buried in a Sepulcher.
• Was in the grave for three days.
• Rose back to life on the third day.
• During the lockdown, He took the key of death and hell from the devil.
• Three days of darkness, translated into victory for humanity over the devil.
RESULT OF ACTIVITIES OF HOUR OF DARKNESS
A period of mockery and reproach.
A period of serious embarrassment.
• Your husband suddenly married your housemaid/cleaner
• You had four cars before but now trekking.
• You lent people money before but now borrowing
• Your wife is now the caretaker of the house, you are down completely as a man.
• No person is approaching you for marriage.
• Suddenly, you are not making progress.
• Suddenly, money is not coming in again.
• Suddenly, no more relationship between you and your husband.
• Suddenly, your education is failing.
• Suddenly, your ministry is not progressing
• Suddenly, denial of visa persistently.
A period your dearly beloved friends and relations abandons you when you need them most.
A period of financial failure, financial embarrassment.
A period of fishing and catching nothing in the ocean of life.
A period when you owe a lot of people and every investment ends up badly.
A period your eagle’s wings have been cut off and buried, so that you will not fly but be grounded.
A period when GOD IS SILENT – no more visions, dream, message from heaven; spiritual dormancy.
A period of REJECTION – Nothing you do goes right.
A period of FIGHTING ROUNDABOUT BATTLES – Husband, in-laws fighting you, fight at work, your parents, children.
A period when those things that are supposed to be moving are not moving.
A period when you as the FIRST BORN is being treated like the last born. (Keep quiet in family meeting).
A period of DEPRESSION & SUPPRESSION, FRUSTRATION, DISAPPOINTMENT
A period of Denial of your right without reasons, claiming upper hands on your matter, forgetting Job 20 v 5 “That the triumphing of the wicked is short, and the joy of the hypocrite but for a moment?”
A period the enemies are reigning.
The followings can be responsible:
Sin – Sin is a sinker, it easily gives room for glooming darkness.
Laziness – God hates laziness, so do satan, so whosever is lazy in both hated by God and satan, in this wise, darkness is bond to surface.
Fear – Indeed, fear bring torment and it is usually a forerunner of every disaster.
Ignorance – The word of God says my people perish for the lack of wisdom.
Parental Punishment and curse
Attachment to evil covenant and curses.
Songs: Holy Ghost fire, set me free, Holy Ghost I need a change by fire, Holy Ghost deliver me by fire
Cloud of darkness covering my manifestation, fade away now in Jesus name.
Every Garment of darkness I am wearing unknowingly, burn by fire in Jesus name.
Deposit of darkness in my system, come out now in Jesus name.
Agents of darkness in my surrounding, paralyse by fire in Jesus name.
Altar of darkness sponsoring affliction against me, scatter by fire in Jesus name.
During my time of Jacob’s trouble, O! Lord, deliver me totally by your power in Jesus name.
O! Lord by your mighty power; break the yoke of darkness off my neck in Jesus name.
I reject the dream of darkness programmed to abort my good dream in Jesus name.
Decree of darkness, prophesy of darkness, I reject you in the name of Jesus, be cancelled by fire in Jesus name.
Every dark power dropping darkness into my life, be destroyed by fire in Jesus name.
Every stone of darkness scattering good things in my family, back fire in Jesus name.
Every broom of darkness sweeping away goodness in my family, catch fire in Jesus name.
Evil decree of darkness hovering over my family prosperity, be cancelled by the blood of Jesus in Jesus name.
Every power of darkness, wasting my efforts, be arrested in Jesus name.
Sudden darkness will not cover my life in Jesus name.
Arrows of darkness fired into my life, backfire in Jesus name.
Darkness attached to any area of my life, separate by fire in Jesus name.
Darkness programmed into the heavenlies to cover me, fade away in the name Jesus.
I jump out of the circle of darkness in the name of Jesus.
Agents of darkness around my home, scatter by fire in Jesus name.
Materials of darkness in any area of my life, be roasted by fire in Jesus name.
Darkness tormenting my family, we are no longer your candidate; fade away by fire in Jesus name.
Garment of tormenting placed upon my destiny, catch fire in Jesus name.
Collective trend of darkness operating in my family, disappear by fire in Jesus name.
Light of God, shine upon me and my family in Jesus name.
Isa. 60 v 1 – 3 – “I will Arise, and shine; for my light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon me. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon me, and his glory shall be seen upon me. And the Gentiles shall come to my light, and kings to the brightness of my rising.”