All road leads to International Conference Centre, on Thursday, 13th April, 2023 when the Nigerian Institution of Estate and Valuers had their maiden edition of NIESV Merit Award. The hall was beautifully transformed into a Royal Blue and Gold Haven. The combination of these two colours was a fantastic one, the decorations were well mixed and everything that was used to decorate the venue was very unique and classic. The red carpet ceremony started around 6.30 pm while the main event kicks up around a few minutes after 8 pm due to the Ramadan Fast. The Chairperson of the NIESV Merit Award, in person of ESV Great Angela Diepreye. FNIVS gave the first speech after the National Anthem and recognition of all the eminent personalities present at the event. The honourable chairperson appreciated everyone that made it down to the event and explained the reason behind the Great Award and Dinner Night. She further stressed that The Merit Award was initiated to reward Excellence, Professionalism, Hardwork and Commitment to the development, innovation, and growth of the Nigerian built environment.
In a nutshell, she emphasized that this award ceremony is the modest contribution of their great institution to the celebration of excellence and commitment of the players in the built environment in providing decent, habitable clean homes and cities. She concluded by thanking those that made it to the event or sent a representative.
The President of the NIESV, ESV Johnbull O. Amayaevbo gave his opening remark and explained the reason behind the Merit Award. He was so delighted to welcome the management, council and entire members of the great Institution to the maiden edition of NIESV Merit Award. He also extends a special welcome to the recipients of awards, individuals and organisations. He appreciated the initiative and contribution which have enhanced the quality of life for the citizens of Nigeria through improved public policy development in the housing and real estate sectors of our economy.
He said, as part of their contribution to good governance, they have concluded arrangements in partnership with the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru Jos to organize a 5-days workshop for political leaders that were elected in February 2023 general election. ESV Johnbull explained further that, they have signed a memorandum of understanding with the prestigious Lagos Business School to organise a National Conference on real estate, another effort aimed at enhancing job creation, partnership and collaboration on knowledge sharing for real estate and national development. He concluded by assuring the distinguished gathering that NIESV will continue to partner with government, critical stakeholders and well-meaning Nigerians to build a country of our dream.
The Chairman of the Occasion in person of Mr Dayo Akinlaja, SAN, FCIArb, the principal of Dayo Akinlaja & Co, also appreciated all the award recipients and admonish them to do more because people are watching and they will also continue to be a great ambassadors of our great country. Other Eminent personalities that gave one goodwill message or the other are, Chief SN Okere OON, one of the Elder statesmen of the Institution. Prof. Ayo Omotayo, D.G, N.I.P.S.S, Special Guest of Honour, Mr Oludare Bello, the MD/CEO Citec International Limited to mention but a few.
Other dignitaries present at the event were ESV Sir Roland Enyimaya Abonta, Nnayelugo Christopher Enwezor representing Obi of Onisha, TPL Nathaniel M. Atebije, FNITP, the National President of Nigerian Institutes of Town planners, ESV Otunba Dosu Fatokun, PPNIVS, Pastor Femi Agagu, FNIVS, The Ondo State Honorable Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, ARC. Envi Ben-Eboh, FNIA, representing Nigerian Institutes of Architects, Mrs Toke Benson, S.A to the Governor of Lagos State, representing the Governor of Lagos State, Arc. Mobolaji Adeniyi. Incoming President of Nigerian Insitutes of Architects, Dr. Joesph Onyabe, S.A to MD/CEO representing Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria, Mr Adeniyi Aromolaran FCIPM, FITD, HRPL, Executive Director, Enterprises Services of Lagos State Development and Corporation, Mr. Alabi Afees Abolore, Ph.D, ANIVS, RSV, MFRCN, Commissioner for Education, representing Kwara State, Chief Kayode Odunaro, Chief of Staff to Chairman, Senate Committee on Finance representing HRM Oba Kehinde Olugbenle, the Olu of Ilaro and Paramount Ruler of Yewaland and ESV Khie Emeka Onuorah (Ochando 1), Chairman BOT, Past president of NIESV to mention but a few.
LIST OF AWARDS AND AWARDEES
- States With The Highest Provision of Affordable Housing in Nigeria
- Lagos State
- Edo State
- Delta State
- Best Five States With Highest Infrastructure Development in Nigeria
- Rivers State
- Lagos State
- Borno State
- Kaduna State
- The Best Housing Developer in West Africa
- TAF Africa Global Limited.
Special Individual Recognitions Award
- His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari
- Gen Aliyu Mohammed Gusau (Rtd.)
- His Excellency, Mr Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki
- His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Aminu Bello Masari, CFR, fnim
- Alhaji Olufemi Okunnu, SAN, CON
- His Highness, Alhaji Aminu Ade Bayero (The Emir of Kano)
- His Majesty, Igwe Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe, CFR, mni (Obi of Onisha)
- His Royal Majesty, Oba Kehinde Gbadewole Olugbenle, FNIVS, (The Olu of Ilaro)
- Apostles (Mrs) Folorunsho Alakija
- His Excellency Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu, SAN
- Sir Olutoyin Okeowo
- Alhaji Mustapha Njie
- Mrs Mojisola Abdul.
Best Six Housing Corporations in Nigeria
- Lagos State Development and Property Corporation.
- Niger State Housing Corporation
- Ogun State Housing Corporation
- Post- Service Housing Development Corporation
- Federal Housing Authority
- The Most Structures Ministry/ Bureau of Lands ( Ease of titling)
- South -West-Lagos State
- South-South—Edo State
- South-East —– Enugu State
- North- East—Bauchi State
- North-West—Kaduna State
- Five Most Supportive Mortgage Bank In Nigeria
- Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria
- First Trust Mortgage Bank
- Infinity Homes
- Abbey Mortgage Bank
- Platinum Mortgage Bank
- The best Housing Development in Africa
- TAF Africa Global Limited
- Top Ten Housing Developers in Nigeria
- CITEC International Estate Limited
- Lekki Gardens Limited
- Aircom Nigeria Limited
- Dantata Town Development Limited
- Urban Shelter
- Fine and Country
- Cappa and D’Alberto Limited
- Revolutionplus Property.
- Most Supportive Commercial Banks to Real Estate Development in Nigeria
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Nigeria Limited
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- First City Monument Bank Limited
- Guaranty Trust Bank Limited
- Keystone Bank Limited
- Polaris Bank Limited
- Stanbic IBTC bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Union Bank Plc
- United Bank of Africa Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc.
Richard Oyakilome, who is also a member of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers was the MC of the event and he did it so well. DJ Jonny was on the wheel of steel and he know the right song to play at a particular point in time. Chelsma Confectionaries and Catering Services served both the Continental and Non-continental dishes. She impressed everyone with the arrangement of different kinds of fruits she provided for the Muslim guests to break their fast.
-Adebola Olorunyomi in Abuja
Send Us News, Gist, more... to firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @CitypeopleMagz