As Muslims across the globe prepare for Umurah in the last 10 days of Ramadan, while others gear up for Holy land for 2021 Hadji, permit us to tell you that many rich Nigeria celebrity Muslims who always love to visit Mecca during this time may not be able to do so because of the new roles of the Holy land.
Shocking as this may sound, the era of many celebrities visiting the Holy land 4 to 5 times a year may be over if Covid-19 is not a thing of the past, as the strict rules done to curtail the spread of Covid-19 introduced by Àeligious Affairs in Saudi Arabia may debar many Nigeria celebrities above 50 the privilege of visiting the holy land.
How did we know? Don’t forget that last year, many celebrities across the globe couldn’t visit Mecca due to Covid-19 restrictions as only Muslim Community in Mecca could observe the compulsory Pilgrimage. Not only does this affect those who see the lesser and hadji pilgrimage as annual ritual, many also look forward to 2021 as the year where things would go back to normal with no restrictions in Mecca.
Well the new law is so strict that many Nigeria celebrities have already been complaining about it. According to Alhaja Shitta, a popular Muslim celeb reveals that the last time she visited the holy months was year 2019 when there was no Covid-19. “I couldn’t get to visit Mecca as always do and I expected that this year would be different until I went to my agent for Hadji and I was told that I can’t go because I am over 50 years. I felt bad but I hope things would be better next year. Even if we go, we won’t be able to visit all the places we love to visit.
Now, we can’t even touch the Kaaba. Most of us look forward to that. We love touching the Kaaba. Crying at Kaaba is an annual practice for me. I love to pray there. All these are gone now. We can’t even do that in peace.
Why is the rules this strict even when some countries have recorded low Covid-19 rates. According to CEo of a pilgrimage board who doesnt want his name mentioned, he revealed that, the law are strict this year for many reasons. His words: “Well, we are also going to lose out a lots this year because we were looking forward to have a feed day. We thought we could have as many pilgrimage going to Mecca with us because we couldn’t go last year but it won’t be possible because some of us go with as high as over 500 to 1000, but now it has reduce drastically. Most people who love to go with their aged parent can’t do so. We have had instance where people go with their mums, grandmothers and even people on wheel chairs. All that has stopped because of the rules. Only 18 years to 50 years can now go. Even there are still rules to your movement in the holy land due to Covid-19. You can’t touch Kaaba. You can’t go there as often as it you use too. The age restriction is due to those who may likely have health challenges. Though, the rules are not new; it started last year but because there was no country going to Mecca, we all thought it will change this year. We have lose out and even their pilgrimage board too lost but health is wealth. Some of our clients who often go can’t go with us” he opens up.
The ministry of Umrah and special Haj director said that only pilgrims between 18 and 50 years old are eligible for the pilgrimage in line with Saudi Arabia’s latest policy.
“We are currently finalizing a ministerial decree on organizing Umrah during the pandemic, which will stipulate the requirements for pilgrims,” Arfi said in a statement.
Saudi Arabia has allowed people residing within the country to go on the pilgrimage since Oct. 4, 2020 following a seven-month pause due to coronavirus concerns.
– Abiola Orisile