ABOUT AREWA OGUN BEAUTY PAGEANT
Arewa Ogun Beauty Pageant is a Bi-Annual Beauty Pageant packaged by Global Exposure Events and Parties, one of the popular events outfit in Ogun State, and the Pageant has been on for four years now with two successful editions.
The first edition of Arewa Ogun beauty pageant was organized in 2013, it was aimed at revolutionizing the cultural and entertainment world in the state and its environs. The maiden edition of the pageant was a huge success. A 1st Class beauty pageant and fashion event that showcased the beauty and cultural heritage of Ogun State amongst other things.
The second edition was also a huge success and it took the cultural and social life in Ogun State to the next level in terms of creating cultural awareness, cultural heritage and fashion display.
The winner won a two week all-expense paid trip to Dubai which she went with the coordinator and they had a fun filled holiday. Asides that; she was also given an android phone and a sum of fifty thousand naira.
The 1st and 2nd runners up were given android phones and a sum of twenty five thousand naira each while other contestants went home with goodie bags.
The 1st Queen was Arewa Temitope Adisa who is doing fine with her music career. The 2nd Arewa Kikelomo Ashiru Balogun who just got back from her two weeks all-expense paid trip is also doing well as she awaits to be mobilized for her NYSC.
OBJECTIVES OF AREWA OGUN
- To promote the cultural heritage of Ogun state and the country as a whole
- To enhance the development of social lives of youths.
- To enlighten the youths on history and cultural heritage in Ogun State.
- To encourage a healthy competition among upcoming models in Nigeria.
- To crown the most intelligent beauty queen that can represent the people of Ogun State at international levels.
- The search for AREWA OGUN 2017/18 is thrown open to eligible contestants between the ages of 18 and 24; contestants must be a student of any higher institution in Ogun State, or a native of Ogun State Schooling outside Ogun State.
- At the final stage of audition, 20 selected contestants will represent each of the 20 local governments in Ogun State.
- Tribe, religion or state of origin will not be criteria to qualify or disqualify any contestant or winner.
LINE OF ACTIVITIES
After proper screening and auditioning of 20 Contestants, a seminar will be held to enlighten all contestants for them to get to know what the pageant and Ogun State as a whole is all about.
- Contestant will be in camp for one week for in-house activities.
- A dinner will be held few days to the event.
- Contestants will pay homage to the wife of the governor, Mrs. Olufunso Amosun.
- A visit to Olumo Rock for sight-seeing and photo shoot.
- A visit to Abeokuta sport club.
- Courtesy visit to the four Paramount Rulers in Ogun State ; Yewaland, ijebuland, Remoland and Egbaland as part of the events.
- Contestants will pay visit to two less privileged homes in Ogun State.
- A courtesy visit to two private companies in Ogun State.
- A courtesy visit to Ogun State NUJ correspondent chapel.
- In house lectures on health, current affairs , and also vocational trainings and seminars.
The winner of the 3rd edition of AREWA OGUN beauty pageant will celebrate the face of Ogun State cultural heritage and tourism.
The winner of AREWA OGUN 2018 and the 1st and 2nd runner up Will pay a courtesy visits to the wife of the Governor of Ogun State, Mrs.olufunso Amosun.
The winner will participate in all social activities in Ogun State.
- The winner of AREWA OGUN 2018 will get a two week all-expense paid trip to Dubai, a sum of #100,000, one year wardrobe allowances and beauty products.
- The winner will be available for photo shoot and advertisement for our sponsors.
- The 1st runner-up will go home with a laptop and Sum of #50,000 , six months wardrobe allowances and beauty products
- The 2nd runner-up will go home with an Android phone , a sum of #25,000 and beauty products
- All contestants will be presented with goodies bags.
Arewa Ogun Beauty Pageant is packaged by Global Exposure Events and Parties coordinated by Bunmi Mustapha, a journalist with West Africa’s leading (City People Magazine). She is also an Event Planner per Excellence, a Master of Ceremony with a touch of Uniquess and a Wedding Engagement Moderator (Alaga Iduro/Ijoko) with a difference. She is popularly called Abeke Arewa.
Audition for the 2018 edition of Arewa Ogun will hold in Ogun State and Lagos State. The Ogun State Audition will take place on the 10th of December 2017 at Open Gate Lounge, Leme Abeokuta, while the Lagos edition will take place on the 17th of December 2017 at The City People Media Group , Gbagada Lagos. The Grand Finale will hold in January 2018.