I pray for you today! May God reveal the resources and opportunities that abound around you to you, in Jesus’ name. Amen!
• Enough of playing the second fiddle where you are. God created you an ORIGINAL with a PERCULIAR PURPOSE.
• There is no one who can be exactly like you, you are a UNIQUE creature.
• It is high time you woke up from your slumber and began to occupy wherever you find yourself.
“And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, occupy till I come” – Luke 19:13
• It is high time you began to create jobs: buy FRANCHISE of Hotels, Manufacturing Companies, Industries. Take over Commerce, go into Aviation, Politics, Information Technology, Develop Apps, Immigration, occupy the Fashion World, Research and Development, Research and Production … Do uncommon businesses, move into the Music World, Legal, etc.
• God is the custodian of PROFOUND IDEAS AND STRATEGIES
• Ideas rule the world • Ideas of creative thinking • Ideas of strategic management • Ideas of innovative thinking • Ideas of mind-blowing inventions
A single idea from God can liberate an entire generation.
God gave Joseph an idea of Biblical economic management: • Preservation of Agric products • Trade by barter system • Cash flow during famine – Money and Food products management • Uncommon idea above Egyptian wisdom that validated his being a manager in a strange land.
• The strategic marketing idea given to Joseph by God led to many countries coming into Egypt to buy corn in time of famine. (Genesis 41:57, Genesis 43:1-34).
KEY DEFINITIONS TO NOTE
1. WHAT IS AN OPPORTUNITY?
It is an appropriate or favourable time or occasion; a situation or condition favourable for attainment of a goal; a good position, chance, prospect for advancement or success.
An opportunity can catapult your life from ordinary to extra ordinary • Esther got a divine opportunity that made her become Queen in Persia. She went from being an orphan in captivity to being the Queen of the land • Joseph got an opportunity to interpret the dream of the king, which in turn changed his status from being a prisoner to a Prime Minister.
A. AN OPPORTUNITY CAN DELIVER YOU FROM DANGER
In Genesis 21:14-19, when Hagar, the mother of Ishmael was sent away with her son by Father Abraham and the water in her bottle was spent, she kept the baby away so as not to witness his death. Then she lifted her voice unto the Lord and wept. The Bible however records that God heard the cry of Baby Ishmael and provided water for Hagar and her son.
B. AN OPPORTUNITY CAN MAKE YOU LEGENDARY AND BECOMEALEGACY
Another case is that of an American mechanic, Robert Gilmour LeTourneau (1888-1969). LeTourneau was a grade six school dropout who made a habit of paying 90% of his income as tithe. God visited him in a dream and gave him designs for earthmoving equipment. He described these design to his engineers who helped him interpret and fabricate them. According to Wikipedia, LeTourneau’s factories supplied nearly 70% of the earthmoving equipment and engineering vehicles used by the Allied forces during world war 11. Also, more than half of the 1,500-mile (2,414 km) Alcan highway in Canada, was built with LeTourneau’s equipment. In his lifetime, he secured nearly 300 patents relating to earthmoving equipment, manufacturing and machine tools. LeTourneau’s story clearly reveals what God can do with a life that chooses to do His will.
At this juncture, I want you to pause and ask yourself:
“Am I, (Mention your name) doing God’s Will in spite of the distractions of this world?” “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” – John 8:32.
C. OPPORTUNITIES EXIST WHERE THERE ARE GAPS, SHORTAGES AND PROBLEMS
There are lots of OPPORTUNITIES in our society today.
Many years ago, in Nigeria, we only had land lines from NITEL. With the large geographical area of Nigeria and its dense population, there was a massive OPPORTUNITY for wireless telecommunication. We are all witnesses to the success of telecom companies like MTN, Airtel, 9Mobile and GLOBACOM. These companies are making huge profits and creating jobs for millions of people. There was an OPPORTUNITY in the TELECOMS sector which they harnessed.
D. OPPORTUNITIES CAN MAKE YOUR CREATIVITY A SUCCESS
Facebook was created on February 4, 2004; by Mark Zuckerberg with a few other young men who were all students of Harvard University at the time. His primary aim was to create a platform for his fellow students to interact socially on campus. As such, membership was initially limited to Harvard students but later, other people were allowed to join as long as you are above the age of 13. Now, Facebook has over 1 billion active users. In February, 2012, Facebook began selling its stock to the public and it peaked at $104 billion.
E. OPPORTUNITIES MAKE BUSINESSES SUCCESSFUL
Alibaba Group Holding Limited, is a Chinese multinational conglomerate founded on April 4, 1999; by Jack Ma. The company specializes in e-commerce, cloud computing, entertainment, mobile commerce, retail, mobile media, internet and technology. The founder’s primary aim was to create a business portal that would connect Chinese manufacturers with overseas buyers, and this he achieved through Alibaba.com.
On September 19, 2014; Alibaba had an Initial Public Offering and the market value of the company was US $231 billion.
Now, according to Wikipedia, as at March 20 19; Alibaba has a total number of 101,958 employees with a revenue of U.S $56.152 billion. And though it is a company domiciled in China, its clients are spread worldwide.
2. WHAT IS AN IDEA?
· A thought or collection of thoughts generated in the mind · It can be generated intentionally or unintentionally · Ideas can be generated during brainstorming sessions or during a personal or group retreat · It is a product of mental activity · There are game-changing ideas, epoch-making ideas, and ground breaking ideas · Idea generation is important because it enables you to expand your current scope of thinking · Ideas generated and well evaluated can be patented to generate huge income.
3. WHAT IS INSIGHT?
· It is the ability to have a clear, deep .and. sudden understanding of a complicated problem or situation · The power or act of seeing into a situation · The act of apprehending the inner nature of things or of seeing intuitively.
4. WHAT IS TALENT?
• Talent is what you are instinctually born with, and which endues you with unique abilities • Talent is set apart from knowledge in that, it is not a learned behaviour though it can be strengthened and practised.
• The Bible tells us that we are all born with distinct talents and gifts that set us apart from one another.
• When you discover the talents that God has given you, and you use them to glorify Him, you will experience a life full of fulfillment.
5. WHAT IS INSPIRATION?
• It is an unconscious burst of creativity • It is something or someone who gives you an idea or ideas that help you perform outstanding feats • It is a feeling of enthusiasm that you get from something or someone.
6. WHAT IS INNOVATION?
• This is defined as the process of turning an idea into goods and/or service(s) that create values which will in turn, generate income.
7. WHAT IS CREATIVITY?
• It is the act of turning new and imaginative ideas into reality • It is the use of imagination to create something • Creativity helps you see things differently and better deal with uncertainty • Being creative gives you the opportunity to try out new ideas and new ways of problem solving • Creativity encourages self-expression: a way to create something from personal feelings and experiences.
8. WHAT ARE DIVINE INSTRUCTIONS?
· They are from God · They are beyond human comprehension · They flow through inspirations · They lead to outstanding testimonies.