- Without Having To Change Your Entire Outfit
So it’s that time of the year. Red and white hats office exterior and interior dawned with tinsel and blinking lights. Merry songs, merry moods and drunken antics. Which all of course come with those two dreaded words OFFICE PARTIES!
If you are anything like me then this is the moment your eyes constantly role till they damn near pop the ranting and excessive excitement.
‘mhennn oh girl/boy Friday its going down’
‘babe what are you wearing?’
‘guy this is the time to make your move o that girl is hot I beg’
‘hey no fuck up like you did last year’
‘en hen are you serious you mean you don’t know what happened last year?’
‘anyway sha babe you gats look hot o’[
ME- rolls eyes , rolls eyes , rolls eyes. Till they almost fall out the socket (if you’ve meet me you know my eyes are big, so they are not hard to roll at all.) lol
Now don’t get me wrong I am a social person and I love a good party just as much as the next person. However there’s this unbearable common struggle of lugging a duffel bag with a complete outfit to the office, only to have to find a spot to store it under your desk which means reducing the already limited leg space you have under your desk in the first place. Then the dreaded moment when you all go off to the toilet and squeeze yourself in the tiny bathroom stall to do a full-on change for this office party, ‘feeling like superman in a phone booth’ (rolls eyes). While there are like 10 other girls struggling to use one mirror with the excessive chatting and cackling. Then the ultimate dreaded moment when you finally get dressed and step out your toilet stall and everyone feels the need to do the untimely most embarrassing cheer.
‘en hen see Lola’
‘bayyyyyyybee baby o bayyyybeeee’
‘ahah see this babe oh so you are hot like this’
ME- ROLLS EYESSSSSSSS lol
Anyway, now to the point. Are you with me? Well, it’s actually pretty simple to wear the same outfit from desk to the office party without feeling over or inappropriately dressed for work and under dressed for the party minus the ridiculously bulky bag that just occupies all your leg space.
As long as you have a key foundation items. Knowing these key items will take this entire burden off you and make the preparation for the office Christmas party more enjoyable.
(1) The number one item is and always has been the little black dress (or as we in the fashion industry like to call it LBD). If you go for a little black dress that has interesting details, it will stand out for an evening soiree, but won’t be too much during the day either.
LBD’s are usually so sexy in their own right they require extreme minimal effort to transform and even if you still feel like keeping your pumps on instead of those sky scraper heels chances are you still won’t be under dressed for the party.
(2) The ultimate wrap dress. I say ultimate because wrap dresses have this thing they usually do to a woman’s body and have always been the elegant yet sexy option for any day to night look. There’s something about a wrap dress that feels sophisticated and chic in a not-trying-so-hard kind of way. The wrap dress speaks for itself. Just adding something as simple as a statement piece necklace will transform this dress from your sophisticated office look to your glamorous evening getup.
(3) Now I don’t know why but for me the shirt dress is my all-time favourite. Be it chiffon, cotton, Ankara, denim, silk so long as it’s a shirt or shirt style dress I’ll most likely fall head over heels for it. While the shirtdress may seem more casual, it’s actually quite versatile and easy to turn into a night time getup. You just have to pay attention to your accessories—wear cute pumps with it during the day and amp up your look with heels and if you’re a jewellery person like myself, a chunky bracelet at night. That’s it! You’re ready to boogie the night away to jingle bells. Lol
(4) Now this next one is tricky and I say that because although it’s a common item I have seen a lot of extreme faux pa’s with this one. It’s the jumpsuit. The jumpsuit. It’s elevated enough when you’re heading out for a night on the town and if you choose a style that isn’t too flashy, it works just as well at the office as well. Be sure to make sure this is a sophisticated jumpsuit not the nikki minaj type of jumpsuit we don’t want to have to call the ambulance because all the guys at work are having heart palpitations over your choice of wardrobe that shows the contour on your entire region down south. (please let’s leave that to the nikki minaj, Beyoncé’s and jlo’s of the world),
To be honest the list is goes on for the extreme fashion conscious but for the average Joe let’s not confuse you too much. I’ve just highlighted the 4 most versatile items that require little styling effort to go from day to night.
Now I am not much of a makeup person so for me day to night makeup is very simple.
My two main items are lashes and lipstick. As it is the office chances are you most likely won’t be wearing lipstick and if you are it will be a toned down or nude type of colour.
(1) A stronger or brighter lip colour always does the look if you are into the darker tones like black, plumb and so on or if you’re more of a red lip girl a bright red matte lipstick always does the job and will immediately amp up your look from calm and sexy to full on night time diva.
(2) Lashes, adding on a pair of lashes or just using mascara which ever type of girl you are will immediately make your eyes pop and give it that come hither look ‘if you know what I mean’ (wink wink)lol
For my ladies who are more makeup intuitive here is a link where you can find tips and tricks on how to do full night to day makeup with minimal effort. http://www.sheknows.com/beauty-and-style/articles/842779/day-to-night-makeup-tips
That’s all from me for now guys hope you found this helpful and it will make life easier during the holiday seasons. Have fun drink responsibly and most importantly have a very merry Christmas.