We reference the pipeline explosion at aforementioned location which occurred on Sunday 19th January 2020.
The administration of Mr Babajide Olusola Sanwoolu has supported the rehabilitation of displaced persons in the above incident in the LASEMA Igando relief camp over the past five months and will be closing the camp effective June 30th 2020.
LASEMA has worked with multiple agencies to ensure the safety and security of the 300 people (including 40 infants and 30 children) in the following:
1. Full feeding and accommodation for all residents
2. Transport and educational support for school aged children prior to the cessation due to COVID-19
3. Full medical treatment including secondary care where required and antenatal care for pregnant women in partnership with Alimosho General Hospital
4. Psychosocial support and counseling
5. Financial assistance to facilitate reentry into society.
6. COVID-19 safety awareness
In particular, we appreciate all the corporate bodies that supported in cash and in kind.
We wish to extend special appreciation to the Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwoolu, the Deputy Governor, Mr Obafemi Hamzat, the First Lady, Dr Mrs Sanwoolu and the Wife of the Deputy Governor, Mrs Hamzat for their personal visits which brought cheer and solace to the residents.
On behalf of the agency, we wish all the residents every success in the future and urge them to stay safe and alert.
Dr Olufemi Damilola Oke-Osanyintolu