Hello, it’s another beautiful week in the yuletide season and Christmas is fast approaching . Thank God for His unending mercies and grace over our lives.
Welcome to your general health and well-being column..HEALTH- CHECK with Oluwabukunolami..
This week, we shall be discussing what is referred to as the “white pepper “..
White pepper is one of the most popular culinary spices in the world. Commonly used in Asian countries as seasoning for soups, it has a distinct flavor as well as scent which provides the mild but spicy taste in dishes. White pepper which is used as a spice is basically the fruit of white pepper plants, also known as peppercorns. Peppercorns are the source of both white pepper and black pepper.
Primarily used in Brazilian dishes and Asian soups, White pepper is less aromatic than black pepper and has a somewhat musty flavor.
White pepper is made from berries that have been allowed to fully ripen.
Did you ever imagine that the much ignored white pepper on your dining table possesses some life changing benefits? Wondering what they could be?
Then continue reading this article.
(1)*White pepper helps to shed excess weight.
Due to the presence of capsaicin, this pepper can help in burning the fats inside the body and thus helps in losing weight.
It is the reason most weight loss medicines and solutions contain capsaicin in them
(2) *White pepper or even all kinds of pepper contains capsaicin, a substance that produces heat. Capsaicin is what helps in reducing the pain of spasm or sprain.
You can make it into a gel , cream or by spraying the affected area of pain.
(3) *White pepper can also be used to treat arthritis.
Capsaicin in peppers also has anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, the benefits of white pepper is very useful for all those who have suffer from arthritis and muscle swelling and pain.
*White pepper is also helpful in treating headaches. Pain in the head occurs when the neuropeptides, transmit pain to the brain. However, capsaicin can prevent the process from continuing, thus reducing the symptoms of headaches.
(7) *USES OF WHITE MIRCH or white pepper to lower high blood pressure can be obtained from the flavonoid and vitamins A and C,
3 of these substances are known as high blood pressure-lowering efficacy.
(8) *White pepper is also known to treat toothache when combined with clove oil or table salt.
(9) *All kinds of pepper are known to have carminative properties, for preventing the formation of gas in the intestines. This happens because the pepper can increase the secretion of hydrochloric acid and help in digestion.
(5) *It is also used to treat cough and sore throat. White pepper powder mixed with a little honey.
Both have anti-biotic properties and generate heat, that is strong enough to treat cough. Besides, its warm taste after consuming white pepper will ease the throat and eventually give you relief from coughs.
(6) *Heat generated from white pepper can help a person eliminate nasal congestion.
Nasal tract infection-fighting, and air duct cleaning that facilitate breathing. Consume lots of white pepper while you are having nasal and lungs inconvenient feelings.
It will bring a great deal of help from the white pepper
(10) *Consumption of white pepper can kill the bacteria that cause stomach ulcer.
(11) *White pepper can be used in Treating Vitiligo.
Pepper contains piperine, which is a substance that is very useful for the stimulation of pigmentation on the skin. It is the ideal solution for conditions such as vitiligo, in which the skin starts to lose pigment and turn white.
(12) *White or pepper can also be used in treating Prostate Cancer.
Efficacy of pepper has been known as a prostate cancer drug after several conducted studies with astounding results that pepper contains capsaicin which can kill prostate cancer cells.
(13) *In the treatment of Cancer .
According to a research, the white peppers Capsaicin may kill some cancer cells. It has been found to be very useful in the treatment of prostate cancer. However, the research is still ongoing in order to uncover more about the benefits of white pepper for health.
(14) *You can treat malaria with white pepper.
Simply by taking 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper and coffee brewed with hot water. You may add sugar to ease the taste, though. Drink it regularly, twice a day.
(15) *White Pepper, is not only used for cooking, but it is also beneficial to health. It can be used for several ailments Even for a problem as serious as cancer and heart disease, white pepper may also help treat some skin diseases. However, it is important to use properly and in the right proportions to get the maximum results.
This is where we would be stopping this week.
There are so many other uses of white pepper and eventually other types of pepper.
Research is still ongoing to discover more uses of various types of pepper.
As we say good bye this week, we know the Christmas is fast approaching and it is a period of merriment with lots of eating and drinking but please eat and drink in moderation so that you don’t gain additional weight which most likely will happen after lots of eating and drinking without caution.
It is not good for your health and don’t forget, discipline is the watch-word for a healthy life.
Stay away from junk food , practice lifestyle changes, eat healthy, take lots of fruits, fibre, nuts and water while also ensuring that you sleep well.
Till I come your way again next week…I remain yours in good health, .. Oluwabukunolami.
Like we always say, we would like to hear from you..you can send us mails through email@example.com…you can also call or send sms to 08121456771