The Special Adviser to Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Housing, Mrs Toke Benson Awoyinka has revealed the many feats that her principal achieved in the housing sector in the last two and half years of his tenure.
Mrs Awosika revealed this while she was delivering her welcome address at the 2nd Lagos Real Estate Market Place Conference and Exhibition on December 7, 2021, an initiative of Lagos State Real Estate Regulatory Authority –LASRERA.
The event which held at the Expo Hall of Eko Hotel and Suites also had in attendance, Gov., Babajide Sanwo-Olu who responded to the calling of many Lagosians as regards catering to the humongous housing challenges that Lagos is faced with as a megacity.
“As a Government, we have realized this fact and as such, have been making business-friendly policies that can assist would-be investors/investees operate in a conducive business environment.
“We all know the havoc and the damages caused by the outbreak of the Coronavirus pandemic which brought drastic changes to the financial sector of the world, despite this, the Real Estate Sector remained the preferred investment globally in spite of this threat.
“As part of our efforts at LASRERA to make this sector more vibrant and ensure that practitioners operate within the ambit of the Law, we have registered over 100 Individuals/ Organisations that approached the Agency to regularize their operations with us.
“The State Government through the Agency has resolved several reported cases of fraudulent practices brought to the attention of the Agency in a very professional manner.
“As regulators of Real Estate, we advise investors/ investees to make LASRERA their First Point of contact before investing in any Property in different parts of Lagos State. This process of verification has been simplified through the Agency’s online platform such that all necessary information can be obtained by logging on to lasrera.lagosstate.gov.ng to know the accreditation status of any Practitioner / Organisation as the case may be.
“Let me add that Lagos State remains a Central location and has good potential for residential and commercial investments with an existing great network for Real Estate investors/ investees which create wealth and also attract benefits to both parties.
“It is worthy of mention that the State Government through the Ministry of Housing, Lagos State Development and Property Corporation (LSDPC), LagosHoms and Stakeholders in Real Estate Industry delivered the following in the last 24Months:
• 492Units at Lateef Jakande Gargens, Igando, Alimosho.
• 120Units at Courtland Villas at Igbokushu, Eti-Osa LSDPC.
• 124Units at Apartments by LAGOSHOMS/LSDPC.
• 252Units at Peridot Homes, Idale Badagry.
• 100Units at Bayview Estate, Ikate- Elegushi.
• 132Units at Iponri, LagosHoms.
• 84Units at Lekki Phase II in Eti-Osa, LAGOSHOMS.
• 360Units at Igbogbo/Baiyeku, Ikorodu, LAGOSHOMS.
• 32Units at Sunnyville Apartments, Ogba.
“These and more are some of the efforts of the government individually and in partnership with the private sector in reducing the housing deficit in Lagos. Also ready for delivery before the end of the year are
• 660Units at Agbowa, Ikorodu.
• 325Units at Ibeshe, LagosHoms.
• 626 Units at Abraham Adesanya Housing Estate, Eti-Osa LGA.
“Joint Venture Schemes with LSDPC are:
• 172Units Iconic Towers Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island.
• 38Units Channel Point Apartments at Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island.
• 48Units The Avenue Ogudu Scheme II
• 138Units Davilla Court LSDPC Ogudu Scheme II
• 72Units Ivy Suites, Ogudu GRA
• 202Units IIupeju Gardens at Esther Osiyemi Street, Iiupeju.
• 10Units Sura Mogaji Terrace, IIupeju.
• 144Units Keffi Suites, Keffi, Ikoyi.
• 20Units Love Garden Apartments, Allen Way, Ikeja; her address read in parts.”
The event had in attendance, stakeholders of the real estate sectors including realtors, surveyors, builders, investors, top real estate outfits, government functionaries and several others that matter in that sector.